Astronomik UHC Clip-Filter EOS R XL
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS R camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Astronomik UHC Clip-Filter EOS R XL
You will enjoy using your Astronomik UHC filter because you will see more stars and more details in deep-sky-objects compared to using filters from all other manufacturers.
The Astronomik UHC (Ultra High Contrast) filter allows the transmission of nearly 100% of the radiation from both O-III and the H beta lines. Though the second window for the H-alpha-line is not intended for visual observing, it is important, if the filter is used with an electronic device. All annoying, scattered light from other wavelength sources, including local artificial light pollution, is reliably filtered out. With this strong blocking of the sky background an unexpected wealth of detail becomes visible for gas nebulae and planetary nebulae.
Astronomik UHC filters’ astounding high light transmission brings better views of deep-sky-objects even to small telescopes! The high transmission of our optical glass filters means that enough light is available to allow successful visual observations with telescopes beginning at 2" (50mm) aperture. Our Astronomik filters are optimized for use with telescope focal length f / ratios of f/4 to f/15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which arise with other filters, only occur with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more come into play. Another major advantage of our Astronomik UHC filter is the high optical quality of the filter glass. When using Astronomik UHC filters you will quickly notice the same needle-sharp stars which you are familiar with from your astronomical instrument without any filter!
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed even at night without any problems.
Remove the lens and take the Clip Filter from its box. Slide the Clip-Filter into the body and press it in with two fingers, until it rests flush. Re-install the lens. -Your camera is ready for imaging!
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter is very simple too: Pull the filter out with the supplied tool, get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box. -Done within seconds and the camera is working as before.
- typ. 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- typ. 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- typ. 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- typ. 95% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- optimum position of transmission for telescopes with focal ratios from f/10 to f/3,5
- Entire Blocking of annoying wavelengths
- Ideal All-round Deep Sky filter even for small telescopes
- Not sensitive to humidity or aging
- Excellent carrier material. The optical performance of your telescope is not reduced by the filter in any way.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
EOS R Yes
EOS Ra Yes
EOS RP Yes
EOS R5 Yes
EOS R6 Yes
Note: These Clip filters are NOT compatible with this lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS MACRO
- Canon RF 85mm f1,2 L USM
- Extender RF 2x
- Extender RF 1.4x
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)