Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS R XL (For Full Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS R camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS R XL (For Full Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras which have been modified for Full Spectrum sensitivity. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/2 and above.
Main useThe filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are being passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even unter extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed even at night without any problems.
Remove the lens and take the Clip Filter from its box. Slide the Clip-Filter into the body and press it in with two fingers, until it rests flush. Re-install the lens. -Your camera is ready for imaging!
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter is very simple too: Pull the filter out with the supplied tool, get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box. -Done within seconds and the camera is working as before.
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
EOS R Yes
EOS Ra Yes
EOS RP Yes
EOS R5 Yes
EOS R6 Yes
Note: These Clip filters are NOT compatible with this lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS MACRO
- Canon RF 85mm f1,2 L USM
- Extender RF 2x
- Extender RF 1.4x
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)