Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter Nikon Z XL (For Enhanced Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the Nikon Z camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glass. Installation and removal are quick an easy!
The clip-filter are designed and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Due to the very tight space inside the camera the clip filters might add a minimal obstruction at the edge of the field, which is easily corrected by normal flat fielding.
Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter Nikon Z XL (For Enhanced Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS is also a budget filter for visual observation, Black & White photography and CCD photographs of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters with astronomical instruments of any size.
The Astronomik CLS blocks the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps and lets the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass. All the important emission lines, as well as the spectral region that the very well dark adapted eye can see, can pass through the filter.
The filters are optimized for use with aperture ratios from 1:3 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which are problems with other filters, only appear with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are used. The CLS filter is suitable for use with telescopes of all aperture sizes.
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- 92% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- pass from 450 to 540nm and beyond 650nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
- The Nikon Z XL-clip filter have been successfully tested with the Z5, Z6 and Z7.
- Other bodies have not been tested yet.
- Not compatible with the original Nikon Z 2.0x teleconverter
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)