Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
Clip-Filters for Canon Full-Format Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III and 6D. (5D Mk I will work without LiveView only, the 6D Mk II will not work with XL Clip-filters)
Please note that the XL-Clip filters will not work with the Canon 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV.
These Clip-Filters can be installed with your fingers only. Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy. It can be done at any time. No tools or modifications to the body are necessary to use the Clip-Filters.
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras which have been modified for Full Spectrum sensitivity. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/2 and above.
The filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are being passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even under extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
CLS: For cameras with an integrated IR-filter or for visual observation.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS XL-Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed at night without any problems.
Activate "Mirror Lockup" in the Custom-Functions Menue and press the exposure button once: The flip-mirror goes up and stays there.
Now slide the XL-Clip-Filter into the body and press it in, until it rests on both arms (right & left).
Deactivate the Mirror-Lockup and your camera is ready for imaging!
The installed XL-Clip-Filter fixes the flip-mirror in the upper position. -You can´t use the optical viewfinder as long as the XL-Clip Filter is installed. For Searching, focusing and centering you should use the LiveView monitor on the back of the camera or the remote-controll via USB cable. All functions like Autofocus and Image-Stabilization remain fully functional.
The fixed flip-mirror does not cause any kind of problems or error-messages!
Removing the Astronomik EOS XL Clip-Filter is very simple: Pull the filter out with one finger an on arm (either right or left), get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box.
The flip-mirror goes down and the camera is working as before.
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
EOS 6D Yes
EOS 6D MkII No
EOS 5D Yes (no LiveView)
EOS 5D Mk II Yes
EOS 5D Mk III Yes
EOS 5D Mk IV No
EOS 5Ds No
EOS 5Dsr No
EOS 1Dx No (all versions)