Astronomik OWB Type 3 Clip-Filter Nikon XL
Delivery: Ships in 5 to 10 business days after the date of purchase.
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glass. The Clip-Filter are designed and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Due to the very tight Nikon bayonet, the clip-filters add a minimal obstruction at the edge of the field.
Astronomik OWB Type 3 Clip-Filter Nikon XL Full Frame (Original White Balance)
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astro-photography. Therefore the decision, which in former times had to be made, whether to 'victimize' a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum it is now a thing of the past and disencumber your purse, too.
The OWB filter is available as Clip-Filter for the most often used cameras for astrophotography.
DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing the inbuilt IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unable for 'terrestrial' purpose. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to the former range. In other words: The OWB pretend to be the conventional built-in filter!
The OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without inbuilt IR-filter) in order to be used for 'terrestrial' photography.
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified DSLR cameras (removed or substituted inbuilt IR-filter) to achieve standard colour space in digital imaging.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D750, D780, D800, D810 and the D850.
- Since the latest firmware-update of the D850 Clip-filters can't be used with D850 bodies anymore. -We´re sorry for this, but firmware upgrades from Nikon are out of our control. For the D780, you can only use manual focus lenses or a T-adapter (with a telescope). With all lenses with electric contacts you will get an error message and the camera will not work. (Workaround for this: When using lenses with electric contacts on the D780 + D850 you can apply some tape over the lens contacts and the camera will work fine with the XL-Clip Filter installed.)
- Other bodies have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL-Clip will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors and not with the new mirrorless body. Clip-Filter for the APS-C sized models will be released in the near future.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)