Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter EOS R XL (For Enhanced Spectrum Cameras)
Delivery: Ships in 5 to 10 business days after the date of purchase.
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS R camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter EOS R XL (For Enhanced Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS is also a budget filter for visual observation, Black & White photography and CCD photographs of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters with astronomical instruments of any size.
The Astronomik CLS blocks the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps and lets the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass. All the important emission lines, as well as the spectral region that the very well dark adapted eye can see, can pass through the filter.
The filters are optimized for use with aperture ratios from 1:3 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which are problems with other filters, only appear with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are used. The CLS filter is suitable for use with telescopes of all aperture sizes.
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed even at night without any problems.
Remove the lens and take the Clip Filter from its box. Slide the Clip-Filter into the body and press it in with two fingers, until it rests flush. Re-install the lens. -Your camera is ready for imaging!
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter is very simple too: Pull the filter out with the supplied tool, get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box. -Done within seconds and the camera is working as before.
- 92% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- pass from 450 to 540nm and beyond 650nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
EOS R Yes
EOS Ra Yes
EOS RP Yes
EOS R5 Yes
EOS R6 Yes
Note: These Clip filters are NOT compatible with this lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS MACRO
- Canon RF 85mm f1,2 L USM
- Extender RF 2x
- Extender RF 1.4x
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)