Astro-DSLR Nikon D600 Camera Body - Used
- 24.3MP FX Full Frame BSI CMOS Sensor with 5.97 µm Square pixel size
- Up to 4X Hydrogen Alpha transmission increase at 656nm wavelength
- Up to 6X Sulfur II transmission increase at 671.7nm and 673nm wavelengths
- Optolong UV/IR blocking filter with AR coatings and 400-700nm transmission range**
- No Low Pass Anti-Aliasing Filter (Camera sensor performs at native maximum sharpness without self-cleaning function)
- EXPEED 3 Processor
- 3.2" 921k-dot Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 100-6400 ISO - Expandable to 50-25600
- 5.5fps Continuous Shooting
- 39 Wide-Area AF Focus Points
- Stereo Mic & Headphone Inputs
- i-TTL Flash System Support
- Optional WIFI (Great for Electronically-Assisted Astronomy with Phones and Tablets)
- Compatible with ZWO ASIAIR Plus, BackyardEOS and Astrophotography Tool
- 1 Year Warranty*
- What's included
A professional level DSLR camera professionally Astro-Converted for increased 4X H-alpha sensitivity and 6X Sulfur II sensitivity with a big Full Frame sensor for about half the price of a Color Cooled Camera with the same sensor size. The stock UV/IR blocking sensor filter is replaced by the Optolong Luminance UV/IR blocking filter with Enhanced Spectrum (Visible + H-alpha + Sulfur II). User and budget friendly for aspiring astrophotographers expecting an easy way to capture images of deep reddish nebulae structures. The Canon EOS 6D has excellent low light sensitivity and is the favorite Canon Full Frame DSLR camera for deep space astrophotography.
Condition: Used excellent condition body with minor signs of cosmetic wear and shutter count below 60K.
Straightforward Camera Control and Focus process
The exposures timing remote control is simply doable with a remote shutter release device or with Nikon Utility Software or Astrophotography data capture software like BackyardNIKON or Astrophotography tool. Subject framing and perfect focus procedure can also be done easily with or without focus masks over Live View digital zoom using the camera’s Vari-angle LCD touchscreen, and also with Nikon Utility Software or with the mentioned 3rd party software when the camera is connected to a computer.
Best EAA Experience
With the optional WU-1b Wireless Adapter, Wifi-Capable feature will facilitate EAA (Electronically-Assisted Astronomy or Video-Astronomy) sessions with smartphones or tablets through the Free Nikon SnapBridge App taking single frames shots. Broadcast to the entire 3rd Planet with your smartphone or tablet screen recordings/sharing through Zoom Cloud Meetings App or posting in social media platforms. With desktop or laptop computers, total intervalometer control is possible with the Wifi connection and Nikon Utility Software in Bulb mode for a completely wireless setup experience (No power/data cables).
Suitable for casual photography
This Astro-Converted camera can still be used for casual daylight photography setting the custom white balance with an 18% gray card shot or with Adobe Camera Raw white balance presets and an original white balance filter is not mandatory. For accurate color balance on portrait pictures or product pictures, the stock version or a OWB filter must be used.
**Out of focus NIR: With the Enhanced Spectrum modified camera, depending on the lens, telescope or optical corrector used, some imagers might experience a little bit bloated stars due to the near infrared light slightly out of focus when a refractive optical system does not have at least one ED (Extra-Low Dispersion glass) element. This chromatic aberration could be mitigated with post processing correction using computer software.
Why buy this magnificent Astro-DSLR Camera?
- Professionally converted on a Neat Work Room with ESD Safe Tools
- Precision optically polished Optolong UV/IR Cut Luminance Anti-Reflective Sensor glass
- Sensor Recalibrated with Original Orthogonality for perfect focus with lenses
- 1 Year Warranty*
* Warranty coverage includes manufacturing and conversion defects. Any kind of physical damage, water damage, abuse or misuse of the Astro-converted camera will void the warranty. Since the camera has been disassembled for the modification, this warranty coverage is provided by the Seller (AstroGear), and NOT by Canon U.S.A.
California Residents: Please check Proposition 65 Warning Website about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
Effective Pixels (Megapixels)
35.9 mm x 24.0 mm
Image Sensor Format
ISO 100 - 6400
Lo-1 (ISO 50)
Hi-1 (ISO 12,800)
Hi-2 (ISO 25,600)
Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps
Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 25 fps
Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 24 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 60 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 50 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 30 fps
HD 1,280x720 / 25 fps
3.2 in. diagonal
Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
Battery / Batteries
EN-EL15 Lithium-ion Battery
Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth)
5.6 in. (141 mm) x 4.4 in. (113 mm) x 3.2 in. (82 mm)
26.8 oz. (760 g)
- Used Astro-Converted Nikon D600 Body
- F Mount Front Body Cap
- Nikon D600 Battery Door
- Nikon EN-EL15 Battery
- Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger
To attach the Camera to a Telescope, a T-Ring adapter not included is necessary.
To control the camera with computer software a USB Type-A to Mini 5 Pin Type-B 2.0 Cable not included is necessary.
We Also Recommend
Astro-DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T2i Camera Body - Used
Astro-DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T4i Camera Body - Used