Astro-DSLR Canon EOS 60D Camera Body - Used
- 18MP APS-C CMOS Sensor with 4.30 µm Square pixel size
- Up to 4X Hydrogen Alpha transmission increase at 656nm wavelength
- Up to 6X Sulfur II transmission increase at 671.7nm and 673nm wavelengths
- Stock UV/IR blocking filter removed and Low Pass Filter preserved with 425-675nm transmission range and self-cleaning function**
- ISO Range: 100 to 6400 (Extended ISO: 12800)
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle LCD
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Full HD 1080p 30fps / HD 720p 60fps / SD 480p 60fps Video Recording
- 9-point AF System and AI Servo AF
- Compatible with ZWO ASIAIR Plus, BackyardEOS and Astrophotography Tool
- 1 Year Warranty*
- What's included
Mid-level and unexpensive DSLR camera professionally Astro-Converted for increased 4X H-alpha sensitivity and 6X Sulfur II sensitivity with a generous APS-C sensor for about 1/5th the price of a Color Cooled Camera with the same sensor size. The stock UV/IR blocking sensor filter is removed and the Low Pass Anti-Aliasing filter is preserved with Enhanced Spectrum bandpass (Visible + H-alpha + Sulfur II). User and budget friendly for aspiring astrophotographers expecting an easy way to capture images of deep reddish nebulae structures. Canon released in 2012 the 60Da variant for astrophotography enthusiasts.
Condition: Used excellent condition body with minor signs of cosmetic wear and shutter count below 30K.
Straightforward Camera Control and Focus process
The exposures timing remote control is simply doable with Canon EOS Utility Free Software or Astrophotography data capture software like Backyard EOS or Astrophotography tool. Subject framing and perfect focus procedure can also be done easily with or without focus masks over Live View digital zoom using the camera’s Vari-angle LCD touchscreen, and also with Canon EOS Utility Free Software or with the mentioned 3rd party software when the camera is connected to a computer.
Suitable for casual photography
This Astro-Converted camera can still be used for casual daylight photography setting the custom white balance with an 18% gray card shot or with Adobe Camera Raw white balance presets and an original white balance filter is not mandatory. For accurate color balance on portrait pictures or product pictures, the stock version or a OWB filter must be used.
**Out of focus NIR: With the Enhanced Spectrum modified camera, depending on the lens, telescope or optical corrector used, some imagers might experience a little bit bloated stars due to the near infrared light slightly out of focus when a refractive optical system does not have at least one ED (Extra-Low Dispersion glass) element. This chromatic aberration could be mitigated with post processing correction using computer software.
Why buy this magnificent Astro-DSLR Camera?
- Professionally converted on a Neat Work Room with ESD Safe Tools
- Sensor Recalibrated with Original Orthogonality for perfect focus with lenses
- 1 Year Warranty*
* Warranty coverage includes manufacturing and conversion defects. Any kind of physical damage, water damage, abuse or misuse of the Astro-converted camera will void the warranty. Since the camera has been disassembled for the modification, this warranty coverage is provided by the Seller (AstroGear), and NOT by Canon U.S.A.
California Residents: Please check Proposition 65 Warning Website about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
MAX FPS MAX RESOLUTION
MAXIMUM FRAMES PER SECOND
USB PORT TYPE
Mini type B 2.0
JPEG + RAW
STORAGE MEDIA TYPE
SD / SDHC / SDXC
LCD RESOLUTION (PIXELS)
MAXIMUM VIDEO FRAME RATE (FPS)
YEAR OF RELEASE
ARTICULATING LCD SCREEN
SHUTTER RATING (LIFE)
HOT SHOE CONNECTION
BULIT IN MICROPHONE
MINIMUM SHUTTER SPEED (X) [SECONDS]
MAXIMUM VIDEO RESOLUTION
1920×1080 (Full HD)
LCD SIZE (INCHES)
MAXIMUM SHUTTER SPEED (1/) [SECONDS]
VIEWFINDER COVERAGE (%)
AUTO FOCUS POINTS
- Used Astro-Converted Canon EOS 60D Camera Body
- Battery Pack LP-E6
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Camera Cover R-F-3
To attach the Camera to a Telescope, a T-Ring adapter not included is necessary.
To control the camera with computer software a USB Type-A to Mini 5 Pin Type-B 2.0 Cable not included is necessary.
Great company. Very very responsive and willing to answer any questions you might have. I ordered at a very busy time of year and yet they were responsive with explaining where I was at in line to receive my camera. My teenage son absolutely loves it. He uses this more than any gaming console which I can’t complain about.
We Also Recommend
Astro-DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T2i Camera Body - Used
Astro-DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T4i Camera Body - Used
Astro-DSLR Canon EOS Rebel T7 Camera Body - Used