Twilight I Adjustable Angle Alt-Azimuth Mount - MAZ01-00
The Twilight I is a light-to-medium-duty alt-azimuth mount and tripod designed to quickly and easily accept small to medium sized refractors, such as the AR102 or ED102mm, and of course, the ED80mm. Lightweight, fast Newtonians will also match up nicely with the Explore Scientific Twilight I mount. As long as your telescope does not exceed 18 pounds and has a Vixen-Style Universal Dovetail bar for mounting the telescope to the mount head, you are good to go.
The Twilight I alt-azimuth mount head is made of powder-coated aluminum and there are worm gears on both axes. The adjustable angle head can be tilted forward or back at a 45° angle to allow more clearance for your telescope so you can point it straight up for viewing at the zenith.
Slow-motion control cables are attached on the vertical and horizontal axes, and are easy to turn during the night, even with gloves on, due to the over-sized knurled knobs that are attached to the end of each cable. They can be attached to either side of each axis to accommodate right or left-handed users, or different types of telescopes (e.g. refractors vs. Newtonian reflectors) for ease of adjustment.
The stainless steel tripod that comes standard with the Twilight I mount has adjustable legs and a wide foot print of 42 inches, which makes the tripod more stable. A spreader bar locks against the inside of the legs to secure the tripod even further, and keep vibrations to a minimum.
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
- Item Number MAZ01–00
- Tripod fully collapsed no mount head 29.5"
- Tripod fully collapsed with head 42"
- Tripod open, retracted legs no mount head 25"
- Tripod open, retracted legs with the mount head 38.5" at highest point, 36" to the center of the mounting bracket
- Tripod open, legs fully extended no mount head 42"
- Tripod open, legs fully extended with the mount head 55.5" at highest point, 53" to the center of the mounting bracket
- Mount head dimensions 14" x 7" x 4"
- Foot print 42"
- Weight tripod base 11lb; 5.0kg
- Weight mount head 6.6lb; 3.0kg
- Total weight 16.7lb; 7.6kg
Limited USA One Year Warranty one the product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register