Svbony 2'' CLS Light Pollution Broadband Filter
- Electron beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching; as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) no deviation affected by temperature change
- Planetary rotation system offers precision and homogeneity of coatings ensuring high value on transmission of pass band and Optical density of off-band
- 90% transmission of main nebula emission lines; such as Ha 656nm;OIII 496nm;500nm;SII672nm and H-beta 486nm
- 0.1% transmission of off-band; specifically the major emission lines of artificial light pollution; such as Na 589nm;Hg 435nmand 578nm
- Suitable for color CCD cameras and unmodified DSLR Urban optical filter can effectively suppress urban harmful light and improve the contrast of shooting target
- What's Included
The advantages in a nutshell
Wide-band nebula filter suitable even for small telescopes
- - very little darkening of the object noticeable through the eyepiece
- - 2" thread - fits into virtually any 2" eyepiece or 2" nosepiece
- - allows successful astrophotography from within cities
The CLS broadband filter is designed to improve the visibility of various deep sky objects. By selectively reducing the transmission of wavelengths of light pollutants, Specifically those produced by artificial lightings including mercury vapor lamps, both high & low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
How does it achieve that?
The secret behind this filter is interference technology. Countless thin layers ensure that only certain wavelengths of light pass through the filter - as not all wavelengths of light are useful when observe
These Filters Allow More Light Through
The 2" CLS filter is unbeatable for revealing nebulosity. For get superb views of the Orion, Lagoon, Swan and other extended nebulae.
The strictest quality control standards are employed throughout the production process.
The way an CLS filter works is very simple. It filters out the brightening of the sky due to artificial light. As many celestial objects, such as nebulae, radiate at other wavelengths, a considerable increase in contrast can be achieved by this.
The background sky appears darker and, all at once, faint details become visible.
Better photos from within cities
The CLS filter is also a real plus when used for astrophotography. It allows successful deep sky photography even from within light-polluted cities.
Due to its ability to produce exceptionally sharp and clear images, this filter is considered one of the most popular astronomy accessories.
It can be used not only for celestial observations but also for astrophotography. This filter can be often used in the astrophotography in the city
The CLS filter can be used with all 2" eyepieces and 2" nosepieces.
All the CLS filter will have a slight color cast, because the CLS filter cuts off some wavelengths of light, so it is impossible to completely not color cast.
Format: 2'' CLS
Type: City Light Suppression Filter (CLS Filter)
Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 2 inches
Item Weight: 1.76 ounces
- 1xSVBONY 2 inch CLS filter
- 1xsturdy plastic case
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)