Sun Catcher Variable Large Aperture Solar Filter
7"-12" diameter filter will NOT fit on 10-inch and 12-inch truss-tube Dobsonian telescopes.
- 100% Safe for Eclipse Viewing
- Lightweight and generally does not require rebalancing tube assembly.
- Stronger than any other solar filter film on the market. It is highly tear and puncture-resistant.
- Consistent yellow-orange solar image.
- Even density with any aperture that keeps a flat surface as compared to other thin-film filters that have wrinkles and creases.
- Thousand Oaks Optical Guarantees Solarlite Filter Material for 15 years.
Observe Granulation Features and Sun Spots. Perfect for Eclipse Chasers!
Explore Scientific’s Sun Catcher Variable Large Aperture Solar Filters are available in many sizes to work on most telescopes from 70mm up to 12-inch SCTs, and of course all Explore FirstLight, and Explore Scientific Telescopes. If you need a custom size, call (866) 252–3811 and connect to Customer Service. A representative will take the measurement that you need and Explore Scientific will quote the price to you.
The Solar Filter material being used is the new advanced ‘Solarlite’ Film manufactured by world-famous Thousand Oaks Optical through years of research and development. ‘Solarlite’ a new solar film that has the optical quality of glass with the advantages of impregnated polymer… perfect for the solar astrophotographer!
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
I fit this filter to my lens and see how nicely it will work. However I have not been able to use it as we have had only 2 days with sunshine this month so far. It should do the job as designed. At least when the sun shines.