iEXOS-100-2 PMC-Eight Equatorial Tracker System with WiFi and Bluetooth®
"This is the ultimate portable system as far as I am concerned."
-Jim Johnston Astrophotographer
The iEXOS-100 is an astronomical GOTO system that utilizes a proven German equatorial mount design and Explore Scientific’s revolutionary PMC-Eight™ Precision Motion Control system to flawlessly navigate the night sky and track objects as they journey across it. Features include:
- Integrated Explore Scientific PMC-Eight™ system that transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions, which results in superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals.
- Clutched dual-axis worm gears with quiet precision stepper motor belt drives
- Intuitive ExploreStars app, which is available for Apple, Android and Windows tablets, that makes it simple to operate the GOTO system. Through it, users can quickly align their telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects
- Clutched RA and Declination axes are smooth and allow for precise balancing which makes the process of repositioning your telescope efficient
- Polar alignment sight hole through the RA axis and precise altitude control for fast alignment without polar scope.
- Battery pack powering the PMC-Eight™ system uses 8 C batteries and is secured in a bracket on one of the tripod legs when in use
- Two 1 kg counterweights included
- Glow-in-the-dark markings on mount and tripod
The iEXOS-100 PMC-Eight™ Equatorial Tracker System is a complete astronomical computerized Wifi or Wired GOTO Equatorial Tracker with integrated PMC-Eight™ electronics suitable for attaching Small Telescopes or DSLR Cameras attached to the Explore Scientific DSLR Camera Dovetail Assembly.
Use with the free ExploreStars App for Tablets (Windows, Android, Amazon and Apple), or with the free ASCOM Standards Compliant PMC-Eight™ ASCOM driver and the ASCOM POTH Client from Explore Scientific (either wired or wireless) to work with virtually any sky software that supports ASCOM. Tablet or computer must be purchased separately.
The iEXOS-100 utilizes a proven German equatorial mount design and Explore Scientific’s revolutionary PMC-Eight™ Precision Motion Control system to flawlessly navigate the night sky and track objects as they journey across it. This combination provides superior observing and imaging performance without a prohibitive price tag.
GOTO systems play an important role in the world of amateur astronomy because they ensure users spend less time searching for particular objects and more time observing and imaging. The PMC-Eight™ with its versatile connections supported with free to download apps for Windows computers or Android and iOS tablets only (tablets must have a screen of at least 7 inches), or through the free to download ASCOM PMC-Eight™ driver and POTH Client to connect to your favorite ASCOM Compliant Astronomical Software, can allow you to control the telescope from a few feet away or by communicating computer-to-computer with an Internet connection from virtually anywhere in the world.
One of the standout features of the iEXOS-100 system is its German equatorial design. When it comes to tracking the stars with a telescope, there is nothing that compares to a German Equatorial Mount (GEM) because it will precisely follow objects as they rise in the east and set in the west. For observers, a GEM makes it easy to keep your celestial target in your eyepiece. For imagers, it helps you avoid common astrophotography pitfalls like field rotation.
Before you can track an object, you need to find it, and that objective can be daunting when you’re faced with a vast expanse of inky black sky or a bright city sky. The iEXOS-100 puts a powerful GOTO system in your arsenal of astronomical tools that takes the frustration out of navigating the night sky. This integrated version of Explore Scientific’s PMC-Eight™ system transcends the industry standard single processor by utilizing an 8-core microcontroller with eight CPUs that operate independently of one another to focus on defined functions. This delegation of tasks among the processors results in a system that offers superior responsiveness, efficiency, reliability and astoundingly fast timing intervals for smooth image acquisition and accurate tracking.
Although it is internally complex, the GOTO system can be easily operated from your own Apple, Android or Windows tablet using the ExploreStars app, which has an intuitive nature that makes it simple and quick to align your telescope, navigate the stars and learn specifics about tens of thousands of celestial objects. This dynamic app is fueled by a database that is routinely updated to ensure it remains a relevant resource.
Our commitment to creating a streamlined GOTO mount is obvious in other design choices. The iEXOS-100 has smooth locking clutches that will let you quickly reposition your telescope from one side to the other and an altitude knob for smooth height adjustments. The mount base includes a small polar alignment tunnel that allows users to roughly align their observing setup with Polaris. It also has a simple bubble level that comes in handy when stabilizing your tripod. Other features include a bracket for holding the battery pack, which powers the PMC-Eight™ system through 8 C batteries (not included); two 1 kg counterweights for balancing (telescopes and accessories that weigh more than 6 lbs required additional counterweights); and glow-in-the-dark markers on certain points of the mount and tripod so you can stay oriented with your setup at night. The mount is designed to hold up to 19 lbs (scope, accessories, and counterweights added together).
The mount weighs 9.45 pounds (4.29 kg), while the lightweight Travel Tripod and accessory tray weighs 5.5 pounds (2.5 kg). The Travel Tripod, when collapsed is 27.25 inches (69.21 cm) tall.
- iEXOS-100 2.2 Pound Counterweight
- Explore Scientific DSLR Camera Dovetail Assembly
- Azimuth Adjuster Adapter
- Medium-Duty Field Tripod
- Heavy-Duty Field Tripod
- USB Power Bank
- PMC-Eight, the Vision and Technology
- ExploreStars App and ASCOM Downloads
- PMC-Eight Knowledgebase
- The OpenGOTO Community Home Page
- PMC-Eight and OpenGOTO Community Groups.io Forum
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
- Item Number ES-iEXOS-100-02
- Mount head weight Instrument 9.45 lbs.
- Tripod weight 5.35 lbs.
- Tripod fully collapsed, no mount head 25.5”
- Tripod open, retracted legs, no mount head 25”
- Tripod open, retracted legs with the mount head 38.5” at highest point, 36” to the center of the mounting bracket
- Tripod open, legs fully extended, no mount head 42”
- Tripod open, legs fully extended with the mount head 45” at highest point
- Counterweights 1 kg each
- Mount weight capacity Approx. 9 lbs (equipment weight only),15 lbs Photographic (equipment and counterweights); Approx. 19 lbs Visual (equipment and counterweights)
Limited Warranty is one year, which converts to the Explore STAR Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.
We Also Recommend
Explore Scientific EXOS2-GT Equatorial Mount with PMC-Eight GoTo System