Astro-Mirrorless Nikon Z 6 Digital Camera Body - Used
- 24.5MP FX Full Frame BSI CMOS Sensor with 5.94 µm Square pixel size
- Up to 4X Hydrogen Alpha transmission increase at 656nm wavelength
- Up to 6X Sulfur II transmission increase at 671.7nm and 673nm wavelengths
- Optolong UV/IR blocking filter with AR coatings and 400-700nm transmission range**
- No Low Pass Anti-Aliasing Filter (Camera sensor performs at native maximum sharpness without self-cleaning function)
- EXPEED 6 Image Processing Engine
- UHD 4K30 Video; N-Log & 10-Bit HDMI Out
- 273-Point Phase-Detect AF System
- Built-In 5-Axis Vibration Reduction
- 0.80x 3.6m-Dot EVF with NIKKOR Optics
- 3.2" 2.1m-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- 12 fps Shooting; ISO 100-51200
- CFexpress Type B/XQD Memory Card Slot
- Built-in WIFI (Great for Electronically-Assisted Astronomy with Phones and Tablets)
- Compatible with ZWO ASIAIR Plus, BackyardEOS and Astrophotography Tool
- 1 Year Warranty*
- What's included
Compact, Pro-level Mirrorless digital camera professionally Astro-Converted for increased 4X H-alpha sensitivity and 6X Sulfur II sensitivity with a Big Full Frame sensor for about half the price of a Color Cooled Camera with the same sensor size. The stock UV/IR blocking sensor filter is replaced by the Optolong Luminance UV/IR blocking filter with Enhanced Spectrum (Visible + H-alpha + Sulfur II). User friendly for aspiring astrophotographers expecting an easy way to capture images of deep reddish nebulae structures.
Condition: Used excellent condition body with minor signs of cosmetic wear.
Straightforward Camera Control and Focus process
The exposures timing remote control is simply doable with a remote shutter release device or with Nikon Utility Software or Astrophotography data capture software like BackyardNIKON or Astrophotography tool. Subject framing and perfect focus procedure can also be done easily with or without focus masks over Live View digital zoom using the camera’s Vari-angle LCD touchscreen, and also with Nikon Utility Software or with the mentioned 3rd party software when the camera is connected to a computer.
Shorter body flange back focus
The NIkon Z Lens Mount features a 55mm diameter and a short 16mm flange back focus distance to the sensor surface. Compared to a DSLR, the shorter flange back focus distance to sensor allows to fit accessories like filter sliders, Off-Axis Guiders or Camera Angle Adjusters within the typical 55mm imaging correctors’ back focus.
Great for imaging with Hyperstar/Celestron RASA Astrographs
Being a mirrorless camera, its smaller body cause significantly less light obstruction in Hyperstar/RASA configurations compared to a DSLR, making it a better choice for Hyperstar C9.25/C11/C14 SCT and RASA 11/36 imaging setups. Additionally, when imaging at f/3 or faster focal ratios, the focal point and sensor even illumination is critical, and compared to a DSLR there is no mirror chamber and no shadow projected from the mirror on the sensor surface. With such Ultra-Fast optics, exposures of 30 to 60 seconds single frames are enough and thermal noise is not an issue.
Celestron RASA 8 Owners: The Nikon Z 6 is not compatible with Celestron RASA 8 Astrograph.
Best EAA Experience
Wifi-Capable feature will facilitate EAA (Electronically-Assisted Astronomy or Video-Astronomy) sessions with smartphones or tablets through the Free Nikon SnapBridge App taking single frames shots. Broadcast to the entire 3rd Planet with your smartphone or tablet screen recordings/sharing through Zoom Cloud Meetings App or posting in social media platforms. With desktop or laptop computers, total intervalometer control is possible with the Wifi connection and Nikon Utility Software in Bulb mode for a completely wireless setup experience (No power/data cables).
Suitable for casual photography
This Astro-Converted camera can still be used for casual daylight photography setting the custom white balance with an 18% gray card shot or with Adobe Camera Raw white balance presets and an original white balance filter is not mandatory. For accurate color balance on portrait pictures or product pictures, the stock version or a OWB filter must be used.
**Out of focus NIR: With the Enhanced Spectrum modified camera, depending on the lens, telescope or optical corrector used, some imagers might experience a little bit bloated stars due to the near infrared light slightly out of focus when a refractive optical system does not have at least one ED (Extra-Low Dispersion glass) element. This chromatic aberration could be mitigated with post processing correction using computer software.
Why buy this magnificent Astro-Mirrorless Camera?
- Professionally converted on a Neat Work Room with ESD Safe Tools
- Precision optically polished Optolong UV/IR Cut Luminance Anti-Reflective Sensor glass
- Sensor Recalibrated with Original Orthogonality for perfect focus with lenses
- 1 Year Warranty*
* Warranty coverage includes manufacturing and conversion defects. Any kind of physical damage, water damage, abuse or misuse of the Astro-converted camera will void the warranty. Since the camera has been disassembled for the modification, this warranty coverage is provided by the Seller (AstroGear), and NOT by Canon U.S.A.
California Residents: Please check Proposition 65 Warning Website about significant exposures to chemicals that cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. https://www.p65warnings.ca.gov/
35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
Image Sensor Format
CFexpress (Type B)
XQD Type Memory
ISO 100 - 51,200 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7 or 1 EV (ISO 50 equivalent) below ISO 100 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1 or 2 EV (ISO 204,800 equivalent) above ISO 51,200; auto ISO sensitivity control available
4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 / 30 fps
4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 / 25 fps
4K UHD 3,840 x 2,160 / 24 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 120 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 100 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 60 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 50 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 30 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 25 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 / 24 fps
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 slow-mo / 30 fps x4
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 slow-mo / 25 fps x4
Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 slow-mo / 24 fps x5
Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively
Quality selection available at all sizes except
3,840 x 2,160, 1,920 x 1,080 120p/100p, and 1,920 x 1,080 slow-mo, when quality is fixed at high
3.2 in. diagonal
Battery / Batteries
One EN-EL15b rechargeable Li-ion battery
EN-EL15a/EN-EL15 can also be used, but note that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge and that charging AC adapter can be used to charge EN-EL15b batteries only
4 in.(100.5 mm)
5.3 in.(134 mm)
Weight (camera body only)
20.7 oz.(585 g)
- Used Astro-Converted Nikon Z 6 Body
- Nikon EN-EL15b Battery
- Nikon MH-25A Battery Charger
- Nikon Z6 Battery Door
- Z Front Body Cap
To attach the Camera to a Telescope, a T-Ring adapter not included is necessary.
To control the camera with computer software a Type-C to Male USB Cable not included is necessary.
We Also Recommend
Astro-Mirrorless Canon EOS M200 Camera Body - Used
Astro-Mirrorless Canon EOS M50 Digital Camera Body - Used
Astro-Mirrorless Canon EOS M200 with EF-M 15-45mm IS STM Lens Kit
Astro-Mirrorless Canon EOS M6 Mark II Digital Camera Body - Used
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh