Explore Scientific 52° Series 3mm Waterproof Eyepiece
A new focal length joins the Explore Scientific line of inert gas-purged Waterproof Eyepieces with the 3mm 52° Series Eyepiece. A logical companion for the “grab-and-go” ED80mm f/6 Air-Spaced Triplet, this eyepiece produces 160X which will perform very well with good seeing conditions. On the ED152 at f/8, 405X is achieved without the use of a Focal Extender or Barlow for those nights of near perfect seeing, with a very comfortable 15mm of eye relief.
Designed for high-power on-axis observations, the Explore Scientific 3mm 52° Series Waterproof Eyepiece is fully EMD (Enhanced Multi-Layer Deposition) Coated with edge blackened lenses providing the contrast required for serious high-power observing of planets, close-paired double stars, and bright compact deep sky objects. With an apparent field of view of 52 degrees, these eyepieces offer incredible value.
Recommended Accessories: Astrozap 1-1/4” Eyepiece Heater Strap
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
- Item Number EPWP5203–01
- Focal Length 3mm
- Length 90.9mm
- Width 43mm
- Weight 204.1 grams; 7.2 oz.
- Barrel Size/Type 1.25" O.D. / Double Taper
- Eye Relief 15mm
- Field Stop Diameter 2.7mm
- Coatings EMD (Enhanced Multi-Layer Deposition) on all lens-to-air surfaces
- Lens Elements/ Groups 6 Elements in 3 Groups; Edge Blackened
- Filter Thread Fits Standard 1.25-inch Dia. Thread in Filters (1.125-inches x 42 TPI)
- Waterproof O-Ring Sealed Argon Gas Purged; Tested Under 1 Meter of Water for 30 Minutes
- Eyecup Removable Flip-Down Style Soft Silicone Rubber
- Lens Caps Slide-on Top and Bottom
- Materials Optical Glass; Aluminum; Steel; Silicone Rubber
- Markings Laser Engraved: Focal Length; Series; Serial Number; Brand
Limited USA One Year Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.