Explore Scientific 52° Series 30mm Waterproof Eyepiece
Loved by deep sky observers, a 30mm focal length eyepiece produces a large exit pupil which floods your dilated eye with light, which is needed to see faint galaxies and nebulae. Low power eyepieces are very important to observers for a variety of reasons: Their wide true field of view make object location and pointing far easier.; Many deep sky objects are large and are best viewed at the lowest magnifications your telescope/eyepiece combination can achieve. When seeing conditions are poor, objects will often still look sharp at low powers.
Explore Scientific Waterproof Eyepieces - Comfort, Quality, Value. The Explore Scientific 52° Series eyepieces are excellent flat-field multi-element oculars that can transform your visual astronomy experience. With an apparent field of view of 52 degrees, these eyepieces offer incredible value in a very nice eyepiece. Expect exceptional quality, eye relief and value versus a comparably priced Plossl.
Another great benefit of these eyepieces is the excellent contrast and ease with which you can gaze, not directly at an object, but slightly to either side. This skill, called using averted vision, is especially helpful when observing faint objects, because using averted vision puts the image on a part of your eye that is more sensitive to light, allowing you to see fainter images.
Recommended Accessories: Astrozap 1-1/4” Eyepiece Heater Strap
CA Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
- Item Number EPWP5230–01
- Focal Length 30mm
- Length 75.5mm
- Width 47.8mm
- Weight 204.1 grams; 7.2 oz.
- Barrel Size/Type 1.25" O.D. / Double Taper
- Eye Relief 19.9mm
- Field Stop Diameter 27.2mm
- Coatings EMD (Enhanced Multi-Layer Deposition) on all lens-to-air surfaces
- Lens Elements/ Groups 4 Elements in 2 Groups; Edge Blackened
- Filter Thread Fits Standard 1.25-inch Dia. Thread in Filters (1.125-inches x 42 TPI)
- Waterproof O-Ring Sealed Argon Gas Purged; Tested Under 1 Meter of Water for 30 Minutes
- Eyecup Removable Flip-Down Style Soft Silicone Rubber
- Lens Caps Slide-on Top and Bottom
- Materials Optical Glass; Aluminum; Steel; Silicone Rubber
- Markings Laser Engraved: Focal Length; Series; Serial Number; Brand
Limited USA One Year Warranty when product is registered within 60 days of purchase. Click Here to register.