Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter Sony Alpha 7
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the Sony Alpha camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
After a long period of prototyping and development we are now able to offer you Clip-Filters for the amazing Sony Alpha bodies. The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glass and only minimal obstruction in the corners.
The Clip-Filter are designed and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter Sony Alpha 7/9
This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’t alter the colors. It’s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
Lots of Astronomik MC Clear filters in custom diameters are sold to camera manufacturers worldwide. They like the great coating and scratch resistance!
The Astronomik MC Clear is made by the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system.
- As a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera.
- As an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements.
You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
- The Clip-Filter are successfully tested with all Sony Alpha 7 bodies (7, 7R, 7S and 7C in Mk I, MkII, Mk III and Mk IV versions) and the Sony Alpha 9 body
- Alpha 58, 68, 77, 99, 6000 and successors: Not compatible
- All Sony DSLR Bodies with A-Bayonet: Not compatible
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)