Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter Nikon XL
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glass. The Clip-Filter are designed and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Due to the very tight Nikon bayonet, the clip-filters add a minimal obstruction at the edge of the field.
Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter Nikon XL Full Frame
This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’t alter the colors. It’s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
Lots of Astronomik MC Clear filters in custom diameters are sold to camera manufacturers worldwide. They like the great coating and scratch resistance!
The Astronomik MC Clear is made by the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system.
- As a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera.
- As an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements.
You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D750, D780, D800, D810 and the D850.
- Since the latest firmware-update of the D850 Clip-filters can't be used with D850 bodies anymore. -We´re sorry for this, but firmware upgrades from Nikon are out of our control. For the D780, you can only use manual focus lenses or a T-adapter (with a telescope). With all lenses with electric contacts you will get an error message and the camera will not work. (Workaround for this: When using lenses with electric contacts on the D780 + D850 you can apply some tape over the lens contacts and the camera will work fine with the XL-Clip Filter installed.)
- Other bodies have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL-Clip will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors and not with the new mirrorless body. Clip-Filter for the APS-C sized models will be released in the near future.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)