Astronomik OWB Type 3 Clip-Filter EOS R XL
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS R camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Astronomik OWB Type 3 Clip-Filter EOS APS-C (Original White Balance)
The OWB (Original White Balance) filter shifts the complete spectrum of a converted DSLR in such a manner that the camera will not be exclusively usable for astro-photography. Therefore the decision, which in former times had to be made, whether to 'victimize' a DSLR in order to exclusively use it for astronomical tasks or accept the lower sensitivity on the red end of the spectrum it is now a thing of the past and disencumber your purse, too.
The OWB filter is available as Clip-Filter for the most often used cameras for astrophotography.
DSLR cameras which have been converted for astronomical use by removing the inbuilt IR-filter or by substituting it with a filter with greater range for H-alpha, have a white balance that made them unable for 'terrestrial' purpose. The spectral sensitivity of the DSLR will be changed by an OWB-Filter to the former range. In other words: The OWB pretend to be the conventional built-in filter!
The OWB filter would usually not be designated as an "astronomical" filter. The intention is to enable converted DSLR cameras (without inbuilt IR-filter) in order to be used for 'terrestrial' photography.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Mounting the Astronomik EOS R Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed even at night without any problems.
Remove the lens and take the Clip Filter from its box. Slide the Clip-Filter into the body and press it in with two fingers, until it rests flush. Re-install the lens. -Your camera is ready for imaging!
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter:
Removing the Astronomik EOS R Clip-Filter is very simple too: Pull the filter out with the supplied tool, get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box. -Done within seconds and the camera is working as before.
- Special spectrum in order to adapt modified Mirrorless cameras (removed or substituted inbuilt IR-filter) to achieve standard colour space in digital imaging.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
EOS R Yes
EOS Ra Yes
EOS RP Yes
EOS R5 Yes
EOS R6 Yes
Note: These Clip filters are NOT compatible with this lenses:
- Canon RF 35mm f/1.8 IS MACRO
- Canon RF 85mm f1,2 L USM
- Extender RF 2x
- Extender RF 1.4x
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)