Astronomik UHC Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
Clip-Filters for Canon Full-Format Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III and 6D. (5D Mk I will work without LiveView only, the 6D Mk II will not work with XL Clip-filters)
Please note that the XL-Clip filters will not work with the Canon 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV.
These Clip-Filters can be installed with your fingers only. Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy. It can be done at any time. No tools or modifications to the body are necessary to use the Clip-Filters.
Astronomik UHC Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame
You will enjoy using your Astronomik UHC filter because you will see more stars and more details in deep-sky-objects compared to using filters from all other manufacturers.
The Astronomik UHC (Ultra High Contrast) filter allows the transmission of nearly 100% of the radiation from both O-III and the H beta lines. Though the second window for the H-alpha-line is not intended for visual observing, it is important, if the filter is used with an electronic device. All annoying, scattered light from other wavelength sources, including local artificial light pollution, is reliably filtered out. With this strong blocking of the sky background an unexpected wealth of detail becomes visible for gas nebulae and planetary nebulae.
Astronomik UHC filters’ astounding high light transmission brings better views of deep-sky-objects even to small telescopes! The high transmission of our optical glass filters means that enough light is available to allow successful visual observations with telescopes beginning at 2" (50mm) aperture. Our Astronomik filters are optimized for use with telescope focal length f / ratios of f/4 to f/15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which arise with other filters, only occur with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more come into play. Another major advantage of our Astronomik UHC filter is the high optical quality of the filter glass. When using Astronomik UHC filters you will quickly notice the same needle-sharp stars which you are familiar with from your astronomical instrument without any filter!
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS XL-Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed at night without any problems.
Activate "Mirror Lockup" in the Custom-Functions Menue and press the exposure button once: The flip-mirror goes up and stays there.
Now slide the XL-Clip-Filter into the body and press it in, until it rests on both arms (right & left).
Deactivate the Mirror-Lockup and your camera is ready for imaging!
The installed XL-Clip-Filter fixes the flip-mirror in the upper position. -You can´t use the optical viewfinder as long as the XL-Clip Filter is installed. For Searching, focusing and centering you should use the LiveView monitor on the back of the camera or the remote-controll via USB cable. All functions like Autofocus and Image-Stabilization remain fully functional.
The fixed flip-mirror does not cause any kind of problems or error-messages!
Removing the Astronomik EOS XL Clip-Filter is very simple: Pull the filter out with one finger an on arm (either right or left), get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box.
The flip-mirror goes down and the camera is working as before.
- typ. 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- typ. 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- typ. 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- typ. 95% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- optimum position of transmission for telescopes with focal ratios from f/10 to f/3,5
- Entire Blocking of annoying wavelengths
- Ideal All-round Deep Sky filter even for small telescopes
- Not sensitive to humidity or aging
- Excellent carrier material. The optical performance of your telescope is not reduced by the filter in any way.
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
EOS 6D Yes
EOS 6D MkII No
EOS 5D Yes (no LiveView)
EOS 5D Mk II Yes
EOS 5D Mk III Yes
EOS 5D Mk IV No
EOS 5Ds No
EOS 5Dsr No
EOS 1Dx No (all versions)
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)