Astronomik ProPlanet 742 Clip-Filter EOS APS-C
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the genuine EF-S series lenses), all lenses (known to us) from third party manufacturers and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the sensor during long time exposure (The MC-Clear filter does not have a filter effect and only acts as a dust shield.)
Astronomik ProPlanet 742 IR-Pass Clip-Filter EOS APS-C
Ideal filters for the reception of the moon and planets, notably Mars, with telescopes from 6" (150mm) aperture
The ProPlanet IR 742 only allows infrared light with wavelengths of more than 742 nm to pass. In this wavelength range the effects of seeing are significantly lower than in the visible spectrum of the human eye. This allows much sharper images than are usually obtained from your device and location. Another advantage is that the sky background of advanced dawn is dark and so the filter even allows photography of the planets and the moon at daylight.
The Astronomik ProPlanet IR 742 cuts off the visible part of the spectrum and allows the light of wavelengths longer then 742nm to pass. Due to this behavior the part of the spectrum that is most sensitive to bad seeing is rejected. This approach does a big improvement to the imaging of planets and the moon. The image is more steady than the image in the visible light with nearly identical exposure times.
Jupiter, imaged with L-RGB Filtern (left) and Astronomik ProPlanet 742 (right)
Comparing sharpness in IR-R-G-B at Saturn
Comparing L-RGB versus IR-RGB at Saturn
- Besides astrophotography the filter allows you to get stunning results in nature photography. If an EOS-Clip Filter is used in an MC modified DSLR you get tremendous results imaging the flora. The filter cuts off the part of the spectrum where Chlorophyll looks green and shows its high reflectivity in the near infrared. If trees are photographed in spring and summer under blue skies you get stunning images with white trees and clouds in front of a near black background.
- Darkens the background during twilight.
- Imaging of bright planets, stars and comets by day.
- Imaging of young stars in dust clouds and stellar nurseries.
When the seeing is very bad and the instrument is 10" (250 mm) or larger, the Astronomik ProPlanet IR 807 may be the better choice.
Mounting the Astronomik Clip-Filter:
Removing the Clip-Filter
- more then 96% transmission for wavelengths of 742nm to 1100nm
- blocking of wavelengths between 350nm and 730nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
|Canon EOS||suitable for Clip-Filter||astro modification possible||Live-View||Megapixel|
|7D MkII||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|7D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18,0|
|20D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|20Da||yes||filter for replacement needed||yes||8,2|
|30D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|40D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|50D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|60D + 60Da||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|70D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|77D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|80D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|90D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||32|
|300D / Digital Rebel / Kiss Digital||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||6,3|
|350D / Digital Rebel XT / Kiss Digital N||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,0|
|400D / Digital Rebel XTi / Kiss Digital X||yes||no filter for replacement needed||no||10,1|
|450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|700D / Rebel T5i / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|750D / Rebel T6i / Kiss X8i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|760D / Rebel T6s / 8000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|800D / Rebel T7i / Kiss X9i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|850D / Rebel T8i / Kiss X10i
||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|1200D / Rebel T5 / Kiss X70||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|1300D / Rebel T6 / Kiss X80||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|2000D / Rebel T7 / Kiss X90||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|4000D / Rebel T100 / 3000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|200D / Rebel SL2 / Kiss X9||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|250D / Rebel SL3 / Kiss X10||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|M series (all versions)||yes: This version fit´s into the Canon Adapter EF to EF-M|
Important: Not suitable are cameras offered before 2003 and all varieties of the Canon EOS 1D and EOS M.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)