Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP Clip-Filter EOS APS-C
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the genuine EF-S series lenses), all lenses (known to us) from third party manufacturers and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the sensor during long time exposure (The MC-Clear filter does not have a filter effect and only acts as a dust shield.)
Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP Clip-Filter EOS APS-C
The Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP is the latest addition to the family of Astronomik ProPlanet IR-pass filters. The filter thrills because of it´s wide range of applications for daylight IR-Photography, high-resolution lunar and planetary imaging and for taking beautiful and deep images of H-alpha regions when used for Astrophotography.
"BP" are short for "Bandpass": The filter gives you a 200nm spectral window from 642nm to 842nm. Contrary to the other two ProPlanet filters it blocks the longer infrared. Together with the Astronomik ProPlanet 742 and the ProPlanet 807 you can now have three choices to match your needs when imaging in the IR. The Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP will be the right choice for the best image quite often!
Highlight of the Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP: Three filter in one!
The Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP will give you three filters in one single product! Depending on your camera, the Astronomik ProPlanet 642 BP is a great tool either for daylight IR-imaging with your digital camera, or it will reduce seeing effects and enhance contrast when used for lunar- and planetary imaging, and third it will be a very good and low-priced H-alpha Filter for getting started in Deep-Sky Astrophotography of H-alpha regions.
Due to our skillful development with lots of tests we reached the goal to give you a filter which will do a perfect job to deliver amazing images.
- contrasty images with a great rendition of colors
- Clear "Wood-Effect" images
- Not Hot-Spot from longer IR!
- Short exposure times, about the same as normal VIS-imaging
- perfect choice for Infrared-Videos
High-resolution Lunar and planetary imaging:
- short Exposure times
- effective reduction of Seeing
- enhanced contrast
- no ghosts and best sharpness due to blocking the longer IR
Deep-Sky Astrophotography of HII regions:
- best transmission of the H-alpha line at 656nm
- about 40nm FWHM with astro-modified DSLRs
- amazing contrast under lightpolluted skies or moonlight
- low priced filter for getting started in H-alpha imaging
- easy focussing using camera display plus LiveView!
Mounting the Astronomik Clip-Filter:
Removing the Clip-Filter
- more then 96% transmission for wavelengths of 642nm to 840nm
- blocking of wavelengths between 350nm and 630nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
|Canon EOS||suitable for Clip-Filter||astro modification possible||Live-View||Megapixel|
|7D MkII||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|7D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18,0|
|20D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|20Da||yes||filter for replacement needed||yes||8,2|
|30D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|40D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|50D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|60D + 60Da||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|70D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|77D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|80D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|90D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||32|
|300D / Digital Rebel / Kiss Digital||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||6,3|
|350D / Digital Rebel XT / Kiss Digital N||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,0|
|400D / Digital Rebel XTi / Kiss Digital X||yes||no filter for replacement needed||no||10,1|
|450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|700D / Rebel T5i / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|750D / Rebel T6i / Kiss X8i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|760D / Rebel T6s / 8000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|800D / Rebel T7i / Kiss X9i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|850D / Rebel T8i / Kiss X10i
||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|1200D / Rebel T5 / Kiss X70||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|1300D / Rebel T6 / Kiss X80||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|2000D / Rebel T7 / Kiss X90||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|4000D / Rebel T100 / 3000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|200D / Rebel SL2 / Kiss X9||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|250D / Rebel SL3 / Kiss X10||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|M series (all versions)||yes: This version fit´s into the Canon Adapter EF to EF-M|
Important: Not suitable are cameras offered before 2003 and all varieties of the Canon EOS 1D and EOS M.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)