Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter Nikon XL (For Full Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The filters are held in place save and secure with no stress to the high quality glass. The Clip-Filter are designed and optimized to be used with normal lenses and with telescopes as well.
Due to the very tight Nikon bayonet, the clip-filters add a minimal obstruction at the edge of the field.
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter Nikon XL Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras which have been modified for Full Spectrum sensitivity. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/2 and above.
The filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are being passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even under extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
CLS: For cameras with an integrated IR-filter or for visual observation.
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
- The Nikon XL-Clip Filter have been successfully tested with the D750, D780, D800, D810 and the D850.
- Since the latest firmware-update of the D850 Clip-filters can't be used with D850 bodies anymore. -We´re sorry for this, but firmware upgrades from Nikon are out of our control. For the D780, you can only use manual focus lenses or a T-adapter (with a telescope). With all lenses with electric contacts you will get an error message and the camera will not work. (Workaround for this: When using lenses with electric contacts on the D780 + D850 you can apply some tape over the lens contacts and the camera will work fine with the XL-Clip Filter installed.)
- Other bodies have not been tested yet.
- The Nikon XL-Clip will not work with cameras with APS-C sized sensors and not with the new mirrorless body. Clip-Filter for the APS-C sized models will be released in the near future.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)