Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS APS-C (For Full Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
Almost all Canon system lenses (with the exception of the genuine EF-S series lenses), all lenses (known to us) from third party manufacturers and all M42 and T2 lens adapters, can be used with the Astronomik Clip-Filter System. The Clip-Filter System also acts as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the sensor during long time exposure (The MC-Clear filter does not have a filter effect and only acts as a dust shield.)
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS APS-C (For Full Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS CCD is suitable under light-polluted skies for DSLR Cameras which have been modified for Full Spectrum sensitivity. The filter enhances the contrast between all deep-sky objects and the background.
The CLS-CCD Filter enhances the contrast between astronomical objects and the background. Due to the wider transmission curve compared to UHC filters, a greater amount of light will pass the filter. Stars will be less dimmed. This filter has been optimized to block as much spurious light as possible and simultaneously provide the best performance for 'useful' light. A good filter for DSLR-, CCD- and film b/w-photography as well as observation of deep-sky-objects with telescopes or photo lenses of all aperture f/2 and above.
Main useThe filter blocks completely emission lines of artificial light sources like streetlights (e.g. sodium- and mercury-vapor) as well as the airglow. All 'important' emission lines as well as the spectral range of the night-adapted eye are being passed. The supplementary IR-blocking layer allows the use for DSLR- and Webcams without an integrated IR-block filter.
- Easier resolution of Double Stars.
- With the EOS-Clip model, photography with DSLR cameras is feasible even unter extreme light-polluting conditions without shifting the white balance.
- The 1,25" and 2" socket models can be used for observations from light-polluted areas.
- If you plan to create color images from emission line data, our CLS-CCD filter is a great choice for the Luminance channel
Mounting the Astronomik Clip-Filter:
Removing the Clip-Filter
- 95% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 95% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 95% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H-alpha)
- Pass from 450 to 520nm and from 640 to 690nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
|Canon EOS||suitable for Clip-Filter||astro modification possible||Live-View||Megapixel|
|7D MkII||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|7D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18,0|
|20D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|20Da||yes||filter for replacement needed||yes||8,2|
|30D||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,2|
|40D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|50D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|60D + 60Da||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|70D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||20,2|
|77D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|80D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|90D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||32|
|300D / Digital Rebel / Kiss Digital||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||6,3|
|350D / Digital Rebel XT / Kiss Digital N||yes||filter for replacement needed||no||8,0|
|400D / Digital Rebel XTi / Kiss Digital X||yes||no filter for replacement needed||no||10,1|
|450D / Rebel XSi / Kiss X2||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|500D / Rebel T1i / Kiss X3||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||15,1|
|550D / Rebel T2i / Kiss X4||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|600D / Rebel T3i / Kiss X5||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|650D / Rebel T4i / Kiss X6||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|700D / Rebel T5i / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|750D / Rebel T6i / Kiss X8i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|760D / Rebel T6s / 8000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,2|
|800D / Rebel T7i / Kiss X9i||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|850D / Rebel T8i / Kiss X10i
||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24|
|1000D / Rebel XS / Kiss F||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||10,1|
|1100D / Rebel T3 / Kiss X50||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||12,2|
|1200D / Rebel T5 / Kiss X70||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|1300D / Rebel T6 / Kiss X80||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|2000D / Rebel T7 / Kiss X90||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|4000D / Rebel T100 / 3000D||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|100D / Rebel SL1 / Kiss X7||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||18|
|200D / Rebel SL2 / Kiss X9||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|250D / Rebel SL3 / Kiss X10||yes||no filter for replacement needed||yes||24,1|
|M series (all versions)||yes: This version fit´s into the Canon Adapter EF to EF-M|
Important: Not suitable are cameras offered before 2003 and all varieties of the Canon EOS 1D and EOS M.
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)