Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter EOS M APS-C
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
The patented Astronomik Clip-Filter System is black anodized aluminum and laser-cut on state-of-the-art modern machines. It can be inserted within seconds directly into the EOS M camera body. There are no changes necessary and all lens functions (focus, screen, image stabilization) remain functional!
The clip filters for Canon EOS M Mirrorless cameras can be used with all lenses known till today with the EF-M Bayonet. With the adapter EF-M to EF/EF-S all Canon lenses and all lenses from other manufacturers with Canon Bayonet can be used. Of course, you may use the filters when the camera is attached to your scope too.
The filters are optimized to be used with normal lenses and with a telescope.
Use Astronomik filters for your EOS M and enjoy marvelous images with an ultra light equipment!
Astronomik MC-Clear Clip-Filter EOS M APS-C
This filter should be used if the focal plane of your imaging system should stay in the same place as with other Astronomik filters in place. The multicoating prevents you from unwanted reflections. It blocks neither IR nor UV.
The second main application is dust protection of your system (telescope or camera). As the filter doesn’t modify the spectral transmittance of your system it doesn’t alter the colors. It’s great for keeping all dust away from your optics or sensor.
Lots of Astronomik MC Clear filters in custom diameters are sold to camera manufacturers worldwide. They like the great coating and scratch resistance!
The Astronomik MC Clear is made by the same high-end process as all other Astronomik filters. The coating has the same scratch resistance and the substrate has the same high quality. Because of this it is parfocal with all other Astronomik filters and can be used in any optical system for dust protection without modifying the spectral characteristics and without destroying the optical performance of your system.
- As a dust protection of Schmidt-Cassegrain, Schmidt-Newton or Maksutov system or as a dust protection in front of DSLR camera.
- As an alternative instead of the UV-IR-Blocker if your system has no refracting elements.
You should think about using the IR-blocker or even the UV-IR blocker if you have a system with any refracting elements
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Hint for a very usefull accessory:
The EOS M, M10 and M3 are a little bit difficult to use for deep Astrophotography because any exposure time longer than 30sec can be done via pressing the exposure-button only, or via Infrared. (Up to 30sec can be set in the camera, but USB control for longer times does NOT work.) However all IR-Intervalometers we tried, do not work properly: When set to Bulb-Mode there are two IR-commands required, the first to open the shutter, the second one for closing it at the end of the exposure. All normal IR-Intervalometers do not handle that correct and a break of the length of the exposure time is the result. Good news: There is a device that handles it correct, the "SteveMRI MultiCam LEI Intervalometer" (http://stevemri.no-ip.co.uk/) changes the signal from a normal programmable intervallometer to proper IR-commands! At the beginning of the exposure a signal is sent to the camera, a second one when the exposure time has ended. With this device all features of a normal programmable timer (Time-to-start, length of exposure, break between exposures, number of exposures) can be fully used. If you have a advenced device for exposure-ramping even this will work: Simply plug the cable into the LEI Intervalometer and it will convert all signal to proper IR-Commands. (Direct Link to the MultiCam LEI Intervalometer)
Watch the following video to see how easy the clip filters can be used:
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
- The filters can be used with Canon EOS M1, M10, M3, M5, M6, M6 MkII, M50, M50 MkII, M100 and M200 bodies. (We never got a M2 in Europe.)
- The filters can be used with all EF-M lenses
- The Clip filter may be used with all other Canon lenses. (Using the Canon adapter from EF-M to EF)
- The Clip filter for Canon APS-C fit into the Original Canon Adapter from EF to EF-M bayonet
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)