Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Enhanced Spectrum Cameras)
- Large filters for large camera lens objectives are very expensive
- If you are using an Off-Axis Guider stars will be dimmed on your autoguiding camera when a 2" round mounted filter is threaded to a corrector being ahead of the reflecting prism from the light path.
- For very fast (low f/ number) telescopes like the Vixen R200SS or the Takahashi “Epsilon” astrograph, a filter drawer or a filter wheel cannot be used since the distance to the corrector lenses would be changed.
- With long exposure times your camera’s sensor chip is exposed to more dust
With the Astronomik Clip-Filter System you can take care of all of these problems at once!
Clip-Filters for Canon Full-Format Cameras 5D Mk II, 5D Mk III and 6D. (5D Mk I will work without LiveView only, the 6D Mk II will not work with XL Clip-filters)
Please note that the XL-Clip filters will not work with the Canon 5DS, 5DSR, and the 5D Mk IV.
These Clip-Filters can be installed with your fingers only. Mounting and removing the Clip-Filter is quick and easy. It can be done at any time. No tools or modifications to the body are necessary to use the Clip-Filters.
Astronomik CLS Clip-Filter Full Frame (For Enhanced Spectrum Modified Cameras)
The Astronomik CLS is also a budget filter for visual observation, Black & White photography and CCD photographs of nebulae, galaxies and star clusters with astronomical instruments of any size.
The Astronomik CLS blocks the light of the spectral lines of mercury and sodium-vapor lamps and lets the largest part of the visible light and H-alpha emissions pass. All the important emission lines, as well as the spectral region that the very well dark adapted eye can see, can pass through the filter.
The filters are optimized for use with aperture ratios from 1:3 to 1:15. Transmission losses and chromatic distortions, which are problems with other filters, only appear with Astronomik filters when extremely bright aperture ratios of 1:2 and more are used. The CLS filter is suitable for use with telescopes of all aperture sizes.
Important: Full Spectrum modified cameras will need an additional IR-block-filter.
Mounting the Astronomik EOS XL-Clip Filter is very easy: You don´t need any tools and filters may be changed at night without any problems.
Activate "Mirror Lockup" in the Custom-Functions Menue and press the exposure button once: The flip-mirror goes up and stays there.
Now slide the XL-Clip-Filter into the body and press it in, until it rests on both arms (right & left).
Deactivate the Mirror-Lockup and your camera is ready for imaging!
The installed XL-Clip-Filter fixes the flip-mirror in the upper position. -You can´t use the optical viewfinder as long as the XL-Clip Filter is installed. For Searching, focusing and centering you should use the LiveView monitor on the back of the camera or the remote-controll via USB cable. All functions like Autofocus and Image-Stabilization remain fully functional.
The fixed flip-mirror does not cause any kind of problems or error-messages!
Removing the Astronomik EOS XL Clip-Filter is very simple: Pull the filter out with one finger an on arm (either right or left), get the filter with two fingers and put it into it´s storage box.
The flip-mirror goes down and the camera is working as before.
- 92% transmission at 486nm (H-beta)
- 92% transmission at 496nm (OIII)
- 92% transmission at 501nm (OIII)
- 97% transmission at 656nm (H alpha)
- pass from 450 to 540nm and beyond 650nm
- Parfocal with other Astronomik filters
- Glass thickness: 1mm
- Completely resistant against high humidity, scratches and aging effects
- Diffraction limited, the filter will not reduce the optical performance of your telescope!
- Astronomik filters are delivered in a high-quality, long lasting, filter box
- Since 2008 we do ship filters with a completely new design. Any kind of halo or strange reflection is a matter of past
EOS 6D Yes
EOS 6D MkII No
EOS 5D Yes (no LiveView)
EOS 5D Mk II Yes
EOS 5D Mk III Yes
EOS 5D Mk IV No
EOS 5Ds No
EOS 5Dsr No
EOS 1Dx No (all versions)
We Also Recommend
Astronomik CLS CCD Clip-Filter EOS Full Frame (For Full Spectrum Cameras)